Sunday, December 16, 2007

High Performance VP44 Injection Pump




So you want more power out of your 1998.5-2002 24v Dodge Cummins 5.9L Turbo Diesel do ya? Well it is not to hard to have your pump converted so that it will help your engine deliver 70 more horsepower. If your truck has the 235hp engine it is pretty simple. 1st thing you need to do is to buy the cam ring from the 245hp engine pump Bosch part # 1 460 256 079 (see 1st picture) priced at about $200.00. 2nd thing to do is to take your pump to a diesel fuel injection repair facility that has the capabilities to repair the VP44 injection pump & have them install the new cam ring in your pump & then calibrate your pump to the 245hp engine pump specification. Now if your truck is already the 245hp High output engine, getting more power is still pretty simple but you will have to purchase a new head assembly Bosch part #1 468 436 040 (see 2nd picture) priced at about $400.00 & have it installed & your pump calibrated (3rd picture). The head assembly is from the 235hp engine & believe it or not it will deliver more fuel. So getting more power out of your 24v 5.9L with the VP44 injection pump is not as complicated as some people make it out to be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just the information I was looking for. My husband recently bought a truck that runs on diesel fuel and he has been having some problems with it. I don't know the first thing about diesel cars or engines so I decided to do some research. I am glad I did, I learned quite a bit and I understand my husbands car a little better. Hopefully my husband has figured out what is wrong with the car so I don't have to do more research.
Emily Smith | http://www.fairbanksfuel.com/services

Unknown said...

Its very nice look
Thanks
Mobil Oil & Grease supplier in Agra